There was an influx of over 2 million new gun owners just in the first half of 2020. That’s a lot of first time buyers! Consequently, this means we have a massive amount of inexperienced folks who could use some mentorship and training.
What We Can Do!
This is where the experienced shooter comes in. If you have sufficient firearms experience, know good safety principles and apply them, and you train on a regular basis, you are exactly who we need to jump on this opportunity.
If you have a friend or family member who just bought their first gun, help them learn how to use it and teach them a thing or two about firearm safety. I have learned a good chunk of my knowledge by being self-taught, but things tend to go a whole lot faster when there is a mentor involved.
Furthermore, if you feel that you can help someone to learn these crucial principles faster, please take the initiative and do it because it will make America safer and more competent as a 2A country. That is certainly something we all want!
Critical Tips for 2 Million New Gun Owners!
Here’s 4 quick tips to get you started if you are new to firearms.
- Muzzle Awareness – Always point your firearm in a safe direction.
- Trigger Discipline – Keep your finger off the trigger until you are prepared to fire.
- Unloaded is Safe – Treat every firearm as if it is loaded and do not load it unless you are ready to use it.
- Situational Awareness – Know your target and what is beyond/around it.
Learn safety! Use safety! Enjoy the firearms community!
P.S. Click HERE to see my carry load of choice!
- Primer Shortage! What Happened To All The Primers & Ammo 2021?
- 2021 Ammo Shortage: Where are the Guns, Ammo, Primers, etc?
- Mossberg Patriot Predator: Best Budget Rifle w/ Most Features for $300
- Best Way to Sort Range Brass: Shell Sorter Sifting Pans for Faster Reloading & Brass Prep
- 9mm Lehigh Extreme Defense Testing: Performance From a Full-Size Handgun Part 2